Depression is like...



Depression can feel like this black hole that keeps sucking you back in when you least expect it.


"Set me free, leave me be. 
I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity." 

(Gravity, Sara Bareilles)

Depression can for sure feel like this at times. It seems to always come back and take ahold of me when I'm most vulnerable. I wish I wasn't as controlled by it at times, but somehow it always takes ahold of the reigns when all I want is to be free. 

"Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.
You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains."

Besides being one of my favorite songs, "Gravity" was also turned into one of my all time favorite pieces of choreography. I was re-watching this the other day and got a totally new perspective on the dance. I can see that dark force in the dance as depression taking ahold of someone. I've felt that way many times and can understand that indescribable pull that shoves you down and won't let you back up. 

So to me, depression feels like this dance:


Popular Posts