Sidler Art | Waking Up in Restraints



"Waking Up in Restraints" 8x11 Acrylics on Stretched Canvas.

This painting is inspired by an excerpt from my journal from almost a year ago when I had a failed suicide attempt.

"I remember waking up in restraints and just wanting to die. I didn’t know that they were in place to prevent me from pulling the many tubes out of me. I thought they were because I tried to kill myself but was unsuccessful.  I was so embarrassed. I had failed. I thought I was up in the psych ward or something like that. I had no idea what was going on. My heart started racing. My pulse got faster. My breathing became impossible. I told myself to focus on my breathing. I was so confused and scared but knew if I let my anxiety get the best of me, then things would only get worse.  "

Popular Posts